4511 Hwy 71 E
Del Valle, TX
Map & Directions
Hours of Operation
Day use is 8:00 am to civil twilight (dark).
Sports Fields by reservation only:
8:00 am to 10:00 pm
Sports fields are closed every Friday for prepping, and December 1st through February 15th for rehabilitation.
Travis County Parks
News & Alerts
The basketball court at Southeast Metro is closed for foundation repair. For visitor safety, please do not enter the closed area. The area is expected to be reopened in June. Check back here for updates.
Sport Fields Rain-out Number
Call (512) 854-9489 for a recorded message listing which sports fields are open or closed. This message is updated daily (including weekends).
Interactive Map (click icons for more information)
Southeast Metro Park contains a 2 mile long concrete multi-use trail, which is ADA accessible and is suitable for bicycling and in-line skating.
Perhaps the gem of the park is a 3 mile primitive hiking trail which meanders its way through forested steep hills and valleys, and offers a glimpse of downtown Austin from ridge tops. The trail skirts two ponds and Onion Creek, providing opportunities for wildlife viewing, fishing (catch and release only), and bird watching.
- barbeque grills
- community gardens
- concession stands (by reservation)
- picnic tables
- drinking fountains
- baseball fields (7)
- covered basketball court
- soccer field (4)
- softball fields (4)
- bouldering wall
- group shelter
- accessible fishing pier (catch-and-release)
Sports fields are available from 8:00am - 10:00pm by reservation only.
The concession stands are available by reservation for use by tournament coordinators and other large groups. While food, beverages, or serving staff are not provided, the facilities are easily accessible for people to set up as they wish.
Park staff are responsible for checking to see that the concession stand is clean, that all equipment is functioning properly, that there are ample trash bags for the day, and that the area is free of litter. It is the responsibility of the event coordinator to leave the concession stand clean and free of litter, and to notify park staff if any equipment is damaged or malfunctioning.
The event coordinator must see that all Texas Department of Health regulations are adhered to when selling food to the public.
- A covered group shelter with lights, electrical outlets, and barbecue pit is in constant demand for family reunions, birthdays, and office parties, and can be reserved up to one year in advance. Shelter use fees are charged on Fridays, Saturdays, Sundays, and holidays only. Fees must be paid at the time you make your reservation.
- Visitors who wish to reserve a shelter may call our headquarters at (512) 854-PARK (7275) Monday through Friday 8:30 am-4:30 pm to check on availability; however, no reservations are taken by phone. Shelter fees may be paid by mail; however, to guarantee the date of your reservation, we recommend that you come to our headquarters and pay the fee at: 700 Lavaca, 5th Floor - Suite 540, Austin, TX 78701
- Cancellations must be made at least 12 business days before the event to receive a refund.
For availability and reservation information, please call (512) 854-PARK (7275), or stop by our headquarters. NOTE: All Travis County Parks ballfield facilities are closed on Fridays and from December 1 - February 15.
Day use only park. Dogs and other pets are permitted in the park, but must be kept on a leash not to exceed six feet in length, and not left unattended. Ground fires are prohibited in all day use parks. Glass containers and fireworks are prohibited in all Travis County parks. Public display of consumption of alcohol is prohibited.