(Travis County, TX) – As crisis cleanup continues in Travis County, residents are encouraged to use the county’s new Recycling and Waste Drop-Off Locator to determine the most convenient and appropriate location for different types of storm damage debris and other waste materials.
The Recycling and Waste Drop-Off Locator aims to provide homeowners a centralized resource that’s easy to access as residents begin to clean up and repair damage.
Travis County residents can go to traviscountyrecycles.com and either select the items they’re trying to dispose of from the drop-down menu or type in their address to see all drop-off locations nearby.
Residents can find drop-off locations for:
Call ahead to verify the information listed on the drop-off locator and make sure to ask about:
- Any costs for dropping off items
- If your specific items are accepted
- Hours of operation
- Proof of eligibility (if needed) such as a utility bill or driver’s license
Residents can provide feedback directly from the drop-off tool if another drop-off location is available or if any of the information provided needs to be updated.
Visit: www.traviscountyrecycles.com to access the Recycling and Waste Drop-off Locator and follow these simple steps:
- Type and select your address or an address near you
- Click on “select filters to apply” to filter locations by specific items
- Find and select your material (example “landscaping material”)
- Click on the pin icon(s) to see drop-off location information
- You might need to zoom out if you don’t see any pins nearby
- We recommend calling ahead before dropping-off